New Sheet taking data from Sheet summary report

I was trying to get my Sheet summary report into power BI so I can create a dashboard, however it is not possible… so I thought about a workaround I was thinking about some option in which I can create a new sheet from this sheet summary report, something that maybe could get updated/refreshed every time a new line gets into the report but is is also not possible.

Can anyone here suggest an easy way to do it?

Seems like API connection is not something we will get soon.

Answers

• Kerry St. Thomas
    Kerry St. Thomas ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This presupposes you have Pivot. If you do, just create a Pivot of the report that effectively reproduces the report and outputs to a Sheet - and schedule that pivot to trigger every hour. (If it's based on a report, a Pivot can't be set up to trigger immediately.)

You might also consider not using the sheet summary in the first place, and instead creating a KPI sheet - basically, create a new sheet with a bunch of cross-sheet formulas that effectively recreates the Sheet Summary formulas. If there's any time intelligence info, you might want to add a Record A Date automation to the sheet so you can surface "Updated through X Date" on the PBI dashboard.

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer.  I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" buttons are much appreciated. Thanks!

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer. I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" reactions are much appreciated. Thanks!