How to add new questions to the Employee Pulse Check Dashboard template

Hello, Smartsheet community,
Please let me know something about the Employee Pulse Check Dashboard template.
I am trying to customize the survey questions. I learned how to edit the existing questions from the tutorial below, but I do not know how to add new questions and reflect them to the dashboard.

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=a3fd07f86f2f48c598b98d23aa15b475

"Open the "Survey Intake - Employee Pulse Check" sheet, open Manage Forms from Forms and edit it, right? It seems that I can edit existing questions in this way, but I would like to add some new questions and have the answers to these new questions reflected in the dashboard, as well as the other questions, but I don't know how to do this. When I add a new question field, it does not appear in the dashboard. How can I do this?

Best,

Kenji

Best Answer

• Kenji
    Kenji ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Meg,

I made it! Add questions to Survey Intake, link the question to Survey Metrics, add a metric widget in the Dashboard, and add the data in the Survey Metrics to the widget.

Thank you very much!

Best,

Kenji

Answers

• Meg Y
    Meg Y ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Kenji First you need to add columns to your Survey Intake sheet for the new questions. This captures the responses. Then update your form by adding the questions.

Are using a report to reflect the questions/answers on your dashboard?

Meg Young
    mmyoungconsulting@gmail.com

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer. I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" reactions are much appreciated. Thanks!

• Kenji
    Kenji ✭✭✭
    edited 07/19/24

Hi Meg,
    Thank you very much for your answer/advice. I really appreciate it. The procedure you point out is a great tip I did not know. I tried, but a new question added to my Survey Intake sheet and the sheet still does not appear in the dashboard.
    What do you mean am I using a report to reflect the questions/answers on your dashboard?

• Kenji
    Kenji ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Meg,

I made it! Add questions to Survey Intake, link the question to Survey Metrics, add a metric widget in the Dashboard, and add the data in the Survey Metrics to the widget.

Thank you very much!

Best,

Kenji