In the new timeline feature, can I have the automatic color AND conditional formatting? Baseline?

Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the conditional formatting AND the automatic color formatting of the new timeline feature? I like how when it does the automatic coloring when there is no conditional formatting. Specifically when it has the bar on the left with the category header color coded to the same as the bars. However, I am not able to achieve this with conditional formatting. I would also like to have the option for the bars to turn red if it is past due, but when I set this, it overwrites the automatic color formatting. Can I have both??

Lastly, is there an option to have the baseline bars/lines similar to the gantt charts?

Best Answer

• Matt Lynn-PCG
    Matt Lynn-PCG ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Alicia D If you edit your conditional formatting in grid or gantt view and specifically change the task bar color, that is the color that will show up in timeline view. See the two screenshots below to see how this example is setup. Also, I don't believe the baseline feature is usable in timeline. Note the purpose of timeline is high level planning/view, not detailed project management where things like baseline would be seen at. It's not a replacement or improvement of typical gantt view but rather a secondary purpose.

Certified Platinum Partner

2023 Partner of the Year

PrimeConsulting.com

Answers