Update Dropdown List Options

Are there any recommendations on how to maintain dropdown options for a Control Center template?

We have a Change Log template where one of the columns is 'Impacted Applications' with a dropdown column property. The list of options change periodically and each time that list changes, we currently need to rollout a global update.

Is there a way to link that dropdown to a single source that we can maintain? Either through Data Table, or any other option?

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Dharitri

Data Shuttle can be used to update drop downs from 1 centralized list. However, it has to be configured for each sheet after the project is created and is priced in Workflow bands so depending on how many projects you have and the length of those projects, this might may or may not be a great solution.

Here is the help article on this topic. I set one up recently and was suprised how quick and easy it was.

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2482755-dynamic-dropdowns-data-shuttle

I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Hi @Matt Johnson - Thanks for the note. We do use Data Shuttle today for dropdown updates and totally agree, it's a great feature! Unfortunately, we're looking for a good solution for dropdown list updates for a control center template once it's been provisioned (without require global updates). Doesn't seem like it's possible from what I've come across on the solution suite so far.