Workflow Notifications not working as expected

We have a process where someone should perform some checks every 3 days and use a Smartsheet form to fill out the results.

We want to send a notification if those checks have not been done in 3 days.

I created a helper column. When the form is submitted the value is true.

I created a workflow that if the Date completed of the form is >3 days set the helper column to False. This runs every day.

I created a second workflow that if the helper column does not equal to true send a notification.

A check was done yesterday and there is a value in the helper column of true. But the workflow was sent.

Here is the workflow. How do I make it check the whole helper column and only fire if there is no true in the entire column?

I have a Sheet Summary that counts the 'True's but I cannot route a workflow off a value in sheet summary.

Best Answer

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @AmandaHore,

as this is already set up, you might be fastest by counting (COUNTIF) "true" in a separate cell and have your 2. workflow triggered by the value of of "0" in this cell.

Currently your workflow looks at every single row and triggers as soon as there is a "True" found.

Hope this helps

Stefan

PS: Your way of doing this looks a bit complicated. You could simply use a system column of the type "date created". Then use a formula in a cell, that looks for the "youngest" date and compares it to TODAY. Only 1 workflow is needed to be triggered, when the formula shows a delta of more than 3 days,

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share some more screenshots? (Please delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my comment(s) help/answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community and me by marking it - Insightful 💡- Vote Up ⬆️ - Aweseome ❤️ - or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! I appreciate it, thanks!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Here is the data in my sheet.

I have a workflow that updates the Helper column if the date is greater then 7 days to be false, this works well.

I have a workflow that sends an email if there is no value of true in the helper column. This runs every day (the workflow is below). So currently I do not expect it to send out an email. But an email is being sent. That is what I want help with.

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @AmandaHore,

as this is already set up, you might be fastest by counting (COUNTIF) "true" in a separate cell and have your 2. workflow triggered by the value of of "0" in this cell.

Currently your workflow looks at every single row and triggers as soon as there is a "True" found.

Hope this helps

Stefan

PS: Your way of doing this looks a bit complicated. You could simply use a system column of the type "date created". Then use a formula in a cell, that looks for the "youngest" date and compares it to TODAY. Only 1 workflow is needed to be triggered, when the formula shows a delta of more than 3 days,

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.