Improve Form Functionality

Rachel Beck
Rachel Beck ✭✭✭✭
edited 08/12/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I love the Smartsheet forms. I think they're a great tool to compile and organize information. However, I think there are some major items missing that Smartsheet's competitors already have.

1. Add a table to a form. We have teams that complete audits at different sites, and I would like to have a way for them to add values in a grid/table format.
  2. Children rows option on forms. It would be nice if certain values were entered in on a form, that a children row would be populated automatically with its submission. Referencing item #1, we have multiple products at sites that may need attention. I would like each product listed underneath the parent row, automatically. Instead, I have to have a column for each submission value which isn't easy to manage.
  3. FORMULAS!! I want to plug in a site number, and using a lookup list, pre-populate the address, city, state, etc.
  4. Dynamic dropdowns. I wish there was a way that when a value is selected, the drop down list in the next field updates with only specific values.

I can do all of the above (except for #2) with other platforms. It's a shame that Smartsheet does not also have these capabilities.

Comments