August Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

Comments

• Smartsheet is like a super cool, magical notebook that helps people organize their work and projects. Imagine you have a really big notebook where you can write down all your tasks, ideas, and plans. Each page in this notebook can do special things, like make lists, charts, and even set reminders! You can also SHARE this notebook with your friends or classmates, so everyone can see what needs to be done and work together. The notebook helps you keep track of what’s done and what still needs to be done, so you don’t forget anything important. It’s easy to add new pages, move things around, and change things as you go! This magical notebook can do ANYTHING, so get CREATIVE!

• Tony Platts
    Tony Platts ✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/14/24

"You know we have the chore chart on the fridge? It's got a lot of tasks on it that people have to do. Mummy and Daddy spend a lot of time adding those tasks and then we have an argument about who will do what and how we're going to get it all done in time.

Nobody else reads the chore chart anyway so we're not sure why we bother adding the tasks. Mummy gets angry when nothing gets done on time and goes to bed with a glass of wine. Daddy gets the blame.

Well son, that's like Smartsheet. Smartsheet is the chore chart and Mummy and Daddy are the project managers."

• Tony Platts
    Tony Platts ✭✭✭✭

Also….it's really obvious some of you have never had a 4 year old - or have ever met one - and I find that hilarious.

• Darla Brown
    Darla Brown Overachievers

I immediately thought of the wooden Russian doll set. There are many pieces to it, but they all fit together to make on presentation (Dashboard).

Darla Brown

What you meditate on, you empower!

Overachiever - Core Product Certified - Mobilizer - EAP

• User251
    User251 ✭✭✭✭

Smartsheet can be likened to a dollhouse with several rooms that make up the house. Inside each room, there is a Lego box that you can use to build various toys to meet the needs of those living in the house.

• ksmith1
    ksmith1 ✭✭✭✭

A cool way to keep all your toys organized. You can keep track of what kind of toys they are, what color, what size, who borrowed a toy and which toy they borrowed, where you got them. You can also add any new toys you get or take any old ones you don't play with anymore. This will come in handy when you're making you're birthday list. :)

• Smartsheet is a way to organize and sort all of your ideas and thoughts in one place. It can help you from getting overwhelmed. You can also make pretty designs and use lots of color!

• jhon22
    jhon22 ✭✭
    edited 08/15/24

i love this application smartsheet and smartsheet help you to sure essay all things for you i use this daily base and help this application every deficult sutions 😍

• Here's how I'd describe to my 4 year old: Smartsheet is a way for me and my work buddies to keep track of all the things we need to do, talk to each other about those things, and share it with the rest of our work buddies! It also has really cool tools for things like building automatic messages when one of us gets something done!

• JessieD
    JessieD ✭✭

Wow! What a cool question! Smartsheet is how my work team stays updated without having the same conversation over and over again. We used to spend a lot of time talking about our work instead of doing our work. Now, with Smartsheet, we can tell each other what we have done, what we plan to do, and ask questions without stopping our work.

Other teams use Smartsheet differently - one person used it to make games! I'm a brand-new user and looking forward to learning all the other ways to help my team work more efficiently.

• Jake.C
    Jake.C ✭✭

If I was describing smartsheet to a child I think the easiest way to explain it is that smartsheet is like a magic box that you can put all these numbers, data, timelines, people into and it organizes it and makes it so that you can never lose anything. I use the resource management side as well and that I would explain as a big puzzle that you have to piece people to hours to get things to work. My love for puzzles is what makes smartsheet/RM so fun to use!

• Smartsheet is a tool that can help you do a great job and move forward in life if you learn how to use it well. If you don't learn how to use it then it's not going to do anything for you.

• BecH.
    BecH. ✭✭✭

Smartsheet is like one of those super cool, fun robots that you can ask questions and it tells you things you need to know. It's a super smart robot and even shaped like a big square head. And just like most robots, it needs to be fed little nuggets of food we call data (kind of like chicken nuggets but you can't dunk them in sauce). And once in a while, the robot gets hungry for something but you're not sure what it needs, so you reach out to the even more super smart people who created it, and they'll help you figure it out. Think of them like Willy Wonka but instead of creating candy, they create the data food for your robot. CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP. Just remember, Smartsheet makes Mommy happy and that's really all that matters.

• August Question:

How would you describe Smartsheet to a child?

Surprise!!! You are going to Disney World!!!!! Oh my gosh, you have so much to do!!!
    1. Pack Clothes. pack Toothbrush and tooth paste, grab your Woody and Buzz toys, grab your favorite Mickey T-Shirt and even your Harry Potter Wand! Expecto Patronum!

You have so many things to do to get ready for your AMAZING & Life-Changing trip! Smartsheet is like a gigantic checklist or a way to write down everything that needs to get done before you leave for the airport! You can even use it to plan your daily plans like when you will go to Andy's Room to see Woody and Buzz, Hogwarts with Harry Potter, or even Steam Boat Willy!!!!! By using Smartsheet you can make sure you have all of the important things done at home, so you can have the most amazing trip at fabulous Disney World! Don't forget to show your parents/guardians so they can help you remember all of the details that you might miss in your excitement~

-Paul

• Stevey C
    Stevey C ✭✭✭✭

Well assuming as small child…

Smartsheet is like a magic train set that can be built and interacted with by all your friends at the same time, meaning each individual can build the world as they want it and connect with all their friends worlds. Whilst maintaining the integrity of their world by controlling access…

Like the train set is powered by electricity, Smartsheet requires almost zero effort once built with the automations , calculations and reports automatically ensuring the system seamlessly works.

And just as you customize your train sets with tunnels, trees, stations bridges, buildings - The Smartsheet is a customized world but with reports and dashboards with graphs and key metrics highlighting only what the user wants to see.

This discussion has been closed.