August Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

Comments

• Smartsheet is like Excel on Steriods with multiple layers

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Smartsheet is like a toy box, as there are lots of options. Trading cards, board games, paint by numbers, dot to dot, and more are all available ways to interact. There are multiple ways to look at each toy and there are ways to automatically perform actions based on what you're playing with.

• Lauren Dominique
    Lauren Dominique Overachievers

Imagine you and your friends were planning a party and you needed to make sure all the details were perfect. Someone needs to decide the theme, to pick out the directions, the party favors, the cake flavor, the entertainment/craft/activity… So much goes into planning a great party and Smartsheet can help you and your friends ensure none of those details get overlooked!

If this comment helped you, please help me and help others by using the buttons below if you found it 💡 Insightful or ❤️ Awesome!

• alyssad
    alyssad ✭✭✭

I would compare smartsheet to Dora. I would explain that smartsheet is like the magical map that knows where we need to go and what obstacles we might encounter to get there. Then we (as Dora) work with the map to get there, and have help from different teams (Boots) to get there. It requires teamwork and time but we can always get the task done.

• Julia L Rumburg
    Julia L Rumburg ✭✭✭✭✭

🌟 Imagine you're planning the most amazing treehouse ever! 🏡🌳

Smartsheet is like a magical notebook 📓✨ that helps you:

• Draw pictures of your treehouse plans 🖍️
    • Make lists of all the cool things you want to add 📝🚀
    • Write down who's bringing snacks 🍎 or tools 🔨
    • Set reminders so you don't forget important building days ⏰🗓️

The best part? 🎉 You can share this magical notebook with all your friends! 👫👭👬

They can:

• Add their own ideas 💡
    • Check off tasks they've finished ✅
    • See how the treehouse is coming along 🏗️

It's like having a superpower 🦸‍♀️🦸‍♂️ that lets you:

• Organize your big ideas 🗺️
    • Work together with friends 🤝
    • Make sure nothing gets forgotten 🧠💪

With Smartsheet, you can build not just the coolest treehouse, but anything you can dream up! 🌈🚀🌟

• meagans
    meagans ✭✭✭✭

Smartsheet is like building blocks - there's a lot of different shaped pieces that can fit together to become almost anything imaginable!

Meagan Struman ⚡️

• All the activities you do during the day are recorded here. Then I can see how much time you enjoy playing, watching coco melon, eating, and working with Dad in the garage. I can make pretty pictures to see what takes up more of your time and if we need to work on spending more time on different activities.

Amanda Winter (Noe)

Research Applications Administrator

Smartsheet Core Product Certified

Sutter Health Office of Clinical Research

• Lauri M
    Lauri M ✭✭✭

Not knowing the age of the child, I'm keeping it sinple.

Smartsheet is a powerful application that a person can do all sorts of neat things in it, i.e creating dashboards with lots of colors on it.

• khickman
    khickman ✭✭✭✭✭

I love this prompt! I would ask the child what's on his Christmas List - what kid wouldn't want a way to organize their Christmas List? And them I would demonstrate how we could create a grid of his Christmas List. Then, I would also demonstrate that we could create a dashboard to share with Santa and his family that also has pictures.

• Rowena
    Rowena ✭✭✭

Smartsheet is like a magical notebook where you can organize all your tasks and projects. Each page is a sheet with rows and columns to list tasks and details. You can group big tasks with smaller ones, use checkboxes to mark things as done, and add colors and symbols to make it fun. Plus, you can share it with friends so everyone knows what to do. It’s a super-organized way to keep track of everything.

• Almonto1
    Almonto1 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Barbie💗 If work was a Mattel movie, Smartsheet could also be known as "Project Manager Barbie", who tracks everything going on across Barbie's Dreamworld and keeps things running smoothly with the help of her dream team. Let's meet the team that helps PM Barbie work her magic behind the scenes 😊

Math Barbie (Sheets)- This barbie loves to count, keeps everyone organized, and tracks everything happening in barbie land in her big book of numbers. She helps all the other barbies keep track of things like how many cookies they baked or how much decorations they'll need for their next dance party

Survey Barbie (Forms)- This barbie spends her days checking in on all the other barbies! She likes to know where her team's help is needed, how the other barbies are feeling, and helps math barbie collect all this information so it can be measured in numbers.

Broadcaster Barbie (Reports)- Broadcaster Barbie takes all the numbers collected by Math Barbie and makes sure that the right barbies get the right information. For example, for the dance party, she tells the bakers they need 80 cupcakes and the beach barbies that they need 50 beachballs.

Creative Barbie (Dashboards)- This barbie knows that the best way for numbers to come to life and make sense to the rest of her barbie friends is with bright colors and fun pictures. Creative barbie loves to take boring information and make something beautiful with pretty pie charts and totally gorgeous graphs, so that all of Barbie Dreamworld can see the amazing work they are doing without having to de-code Math Barbie's big book of numbers!

Magic Barbie (Automations)- Although this barbie doesn't like to be in the spotlight, she makes all of her team's work possible with a wave of her magic wand! Without lifting a finger, Magic barbie makes survey barbie's responses appear in the big book of numbers, keeps broadcaster barbie's reports up to date, and brings creative barbie's dashboards to life.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Everything that you know put together so you won't forget with room to learn more.

• Sam_Harwart
    Sam_Harwart ✭✭✭✭✭

Smartsheet is a tool that helps me get my chores done as fast as possible so that I can get back to having fun.

Thanks,
    Sam

Want to chat about a Smartsheet problem you're facing? Grab time on my calendar here: Schedule a Discovery Call!

• Michelle Basson
    Michelle Basson Overachievers Alumni

I'd say:

"Smartsheet is a computer program that helps you to remember everything you need to do and it makes beautiful pictures and line drawings. It helps you organize all your work!"

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

Michelle Basson

Smartsheet Overachiever Alumni | Solution Consultant | Lover of everything Smartsheet

https://www.linkedin.com/in/michelle-basson/

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER
    www.projectplanservices.co.uk

• Smartsheet is like a big, super cool to-do list on the computer. If you have a project with lots of different tasks, it helps you keep track of who’s doing what and when everything needs to be done. It’s like a magic board where you can see everything at once, so everyone knows what to do and can work together easily✨

Estemum Kamal Lithia

Automation Analyst

This discussion has been closed.