Timeline View Support

jr7922
jr7922
edited 08/07/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi. Is it possible to change the color of the left edge of each lane? I’ve seen images where this color matches the task bars within the lane, but I can’t seem to update my view accordingly.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @jr7922

There currently isn't a way in Timeline View to change the Swimlane colours (that you've identified on the left).

Where you see the matching colours is when there is no Conditional Formatting for the Task Bars so Timeline View applies its own colour to the Bars and the Lane at the same time.

For example, here is my View where my personal tasks are set up as a Purple Task Bar in Gantt View:

So they show as Purple in Timeline:

But if I remove all Conditional Formatting:

The grouping / swimlane colours come back as it automatically applies default colours:

Cheers,
    Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @jr7922

There currently isn't a way in Timeline View to change the Swimlane colours (that you've identified on the left).

Where you see the matching colours is when there is no Conditional Formatting for the Task Bars so Timeline View applies its own colour to the Bars and the Lane at the same time.

For example, here is my View where my personal tasks are set up as a Purple Task Bar in Gantt View:

So they show as Purple in Timeline:

But if I remove all Conditional Formatting:

The grouping / swimlane colours come back as it automatically applies default colours:

Cheers,
    Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now