Resource Management not showing connected Smartsheet Project

Jeff Casto
Jeff Casto ✭✭✭✭
edited 08/08/24 in Resource Management

Hi all and @Genevieve P. !

We recently had help setting up a Project Management Office workspace to create, track and report on all projects going through our company. We also purchased the Resource Management software to manage resources.

Part of the goal is to create the projects in Smartsheet through the PMO workspace, allocate resources in those project sheets and those allocations will be represented in the Resource Management tool.

When I create a project with our new system, via the PMO workspace, (copying the project template and renaming it and adding it to our Client workspaces) and connecting it to Resource Management via the icon on the right of the Smartsheet, the project is not showing up in Resource Management.

When I create a Smartsheet project that is not via the PMO Workspace, just a generic sheet, and connect it via the icon on the right of the sheet, the Project shows up in Resource management.

How can I get the new projects that I create via the PMO workspace to show up in Resource Management?

Screenshot of the PMO Workspace and new project folder SM-011

Screenshot of project list in Resource Management

Screenshot of new Project sheet, titled, JPMC Awards (in the SM-011 folder) that shows it was successfully connected to Resource Management (just didn't add any resources yet)

Thanks for any help!

Best Answer

• Jeff Casto
    Jeff Casto ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi all, I discovered for some reason I had 2 Resource Management Accounts. I didn't create 2, so I have no idea how that happened. When I chose the other one, the connection worked.

Answers

• Jeff Casto
    Jeff Casto ✭✭✭✭

Hi, here is some additional information. It seems any new project I open and "connect" to RM, does not connect to RM.

Screenshot shows a new project created (not via the PMO workspace) and still this does not show up in the RM tool, although it looks like it does from the side panel of the sheet. I cannot find the project in RM and the assignment I made to test it.

How can the resource management panel in the sheet show that it's connected and the RM tool not show it?

Thanks for any help!

• Jeff Casto
    Jeff Casto ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi all, I discovered for some reason I had 2 Resource Management Accounts. I didn't create 2, so I have no idea how that happened. When I chose the other one, the connection worked.

• Hi @Jeff Casto

Thank you for following-up with your solution! I'm glad to see that this works for you now.

If something like this happens in the future, where Smartsheet is not working as you expect or as the documentation says it should, I would suggest opening a Support Ticket through the Support Portal.

Cheers,
    Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Jeff Casto
    Jeff Casto ✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Genevieve P. ! I did that too. It's just sometimes they aren't so fast to get to it…But, this time, they were!