Index formula help with a global update when referencing template metadata sheet

Hello!

We are using the Control Center. In my template folder, I am adding an INDEX formula to a sheet that pulls information from the metadata sheet. It works great, and in my next provision, it works! Viola! I love it.

However, when I try to do a global update, the formula fails to redirect to the project-specific metadata sheet. Is there a workaround for this in the formula writing? Or is this a manual adjustment for already provisioned projects? Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks

Answers

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jef Forward

Unfortunately, Global Updates in the Control Center doesn't currently support updating/modifying formulas with cross-sheet references. The INDEX formula needs manual adjustments for already provisioned projects.

There is a product feature request discussion on this.

To automate this, you can use the Smartsheet API to create cross-sheet references that dynamically adjust formulas based on the project context. This would require custom scripting. If you are unfamiliar with programming, Bridge is an alternative solution to help automate some of these processes without deep technical expertise.

• Jef Forward
    Jef Forward ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you very much for clarifying for me. I will check out the discussion thread! Jef

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!