Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Allow a Global Update for a Reference

Options
Sarah123
Sarah123 ✭✭✭✭

It would be nice if I could create a new reference in the template and have that reference added using the global updates. Right now I can push a formula out using the global updates but in order to have the formula work I have to go into each sheet individually to add the references.

27 votes

On Wishlist · Last Updated

We are actively thinking about how we can accommodate these concepts, including allowing direct updates to templates with cross-sheet references and eliminating the need to individually adjust sheets for column formulas. We don't have an ETA, but when we believe we can make this a reality we'll update the status here.

Comments

• jessica.smith
    jessica.smith ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Agreed. It would be nice if we could add cross-sheet references using global updates in the control center.

Not for other users, this can be done in Bridge. I essentially run a parent workflow to find all of my active projects then run a child workflow on each to create the cross-sheet reference. I'm happy to share my method with anyone who isn't sure how to set it up.

• Steph Quijano
    Options

Up on this! This is indeed a must. I also have issues on this where I need to update a thousand projects :(

• Alan Buss
    Options

I agree. This would save significant time and effort.

• Rachel Beck
    Rachel Beck ✭✭✭
    Options

@jessica.smith Could you share your process on how to set this up in Bridge?

• jessica.smith
    jessica.smith ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Rachel Beck

I created an example of one way to do this and wrote up some instructions with screen shots (attached). I'm honesly not sure how clear it's going to be, but feel free to direct message me if you want to set up a meeting to walk through or talk about how to apply to your use case.

• jbaltao
    jbaltao ✭✭
    Options

+1 and yes please.