Publishing a dashboard without access to source sheets

Hello, I have a question regarding publishing reports on a dashboard to external users. I want to create a web portal for various customers so they can view updated report information. I have created a report that only pulls the customers relevant information (filtered by the specific customer and only includes certain columns). However, I do not want the extarnal user to be able to click on the report data and follow the links to the full report / sheet. Is there a way to publish the dashboard and not allow any links to people outside of our company?

I’ve used the publish option in the past and not had an issue, but something seems to have changed as now the test link I sent seems to allow full access to the sheets sourcing the reports.

Best Answer

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @DBertrand

Even if your dashboard contains click throughs to the source, when you publish the dashboard and someone clicks on the widgets or the links in your reports, they won't be able to access the sheets/reports without logging into Smartsheet and having access to it. Maybe during your testing, you used the same browser that you were logged into Smartsheet. Try opening the published dashboard link in a different browser or in the incognito window to see how your customers will view the dashboard.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @DBertrand

Even if your dashboard contains click throughs to the source, when you publish the dashboard and someone clicks on the widgets or the links in your reports, they won't be able to access the sheets/reports without logging into Smartsheet and having access to it. Maybe during your testing, you used the same browser that you were logged into Smartsheet. Try opening the published dashboard link in a different browser or in the incognito window to see how your customers will view the dashboard.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

• Excellent, thanks for the answer. It's greatly appreciated.