Assigned tasks show as uncategorized when filtering by "Assigned To"

hhgleason
hhgleason
edited 08/14/24 in Smartsheet Basics

When filtering the timeline view by "assigned to", all but two assignees' tasks show up as uncategorized even though there are people assigned. In the screenshot, you can see in the left-most column that this is "Assigned To: Uncategorized" but in the pane on the right, it is Assigned To Chuck. How do I fix this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Pauline J
    Pauline J ✭✭✭✭✭

@hhgleason Quick question — have you tried viewing in card view to see where this record appears? I notice that it looks like a record in the Timeline is "uncategorized" — but that's actually grouping a bunch of records are indeed, uncategorized. When I scroll back through time, the "un…" label still displays.

This is what card views shows me:

I hope this helps — it's always challenging to figure out something that isn't super obvious.

• I am not quite sure what you are showing me in your example, Pauline. Task "98" in yours shows in the timeline view as assigned to you and categorized as such in the card view. The same task that shows as uncategorized in the timeline view also shows as uncategorized in the card view on my sheet despite having an assignee:

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hiya! Just jumping in here to help clarify, @hhgleason

Card View and Timeline View need that contact to be part of the Column Properties in order to see it as a Lane/Grouping.

In Grid View, double click on the column name.
    Make sure that "Assigned To" person shows up in the list that's in the column itself (versus a selection in a cell).

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2302238-using-card-view-to-visualize-your-project#toc-work-with-card-view-lanes

Cheers!
    Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now