Template Idea for 1:1

maltaee
maltaee ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm looking for a template or idea for my direct reports to use for a 1:1 documenting the agenda, discussion points, etc.

It's one link for sheet/report for all team members, but each sees their part in the sheet or report. I'm not planning to publish it.

Thanks,

Tags:

Answers

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness Overachievers

Hi @maltaee

Do you have access to Dynamic View? as that would allow you to do this.

Any other way, i.e. sharing a report filtered by current user will still require the end users to have access to the underlying sheet that populates the report. So they would see all entries.

Not the answer you were hoping for but I hope that it helps

Thanks

Paul McGuinness

• maltaee
    maltaee ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Paul McGuinness,

I do; however, it's not visually appealing to team members who want to see the agenda. Some of them have private issues to discuss, so it doesn't make sense to be seen by others. At the same time, I don't want to create a sheet per team member.

• Cathy Salscheider
    Cathy Salscheider ✭✭✭✭✭

You could make individual reports, filtered by the user. Then can update the rows that exist. Of course, they cannot add rows from the report, but if you are just having them do updates, this could work.

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness Overachievers

Hi @maltaee

In that case you can create a single report of the sheet and just allocate each row using a contact column in the master sheet. i.e.

Create a report

then filter the report by current user

and use that report to generate a dynamic view.

I can now only see 1 row of the two in the sheet, your team have no access to the underlying sheet or report and will only see rows in dynamic view that have their contact allocated to.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Paul McGuinness

• maltaee
    maltaee ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Paul.

I tested it, but the DV interface is not very friendly or convenient. I'm still figuring out how to have a sheet or report where everyone can access it but see their rows. Hopefully, there will be one link for everyone.