Why is my sheet adding an extra day to any Finish date I enter?

In my sheet, for tasks that have predecessors, changing the Finish date automatically adds an extra day (or more, if there's a weekend/holiday there too.)

E.g., if I select 8/20/24, it very briefly displays that, and then flips over to 8/21/24.

This is only happening on rows with predecessors. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Will.Parente
    Will.Parente ✭✭✭✭✭

What's in your duration column? Try putting a 0 and see if that fixes it.

• malden
    malden ✭✭

Hi @Will.Parente , thanks for the suggestion. I just tried that, but it didn't change anything. When I put 0 in the duration column and then extended the finish date, it did the same thing again. Added an extra day.

• Will.Parente
    Will.Parente ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, weird. I was able to recreate the issue but it required an unnatural act. So, I have questions.

1. Are you pushing back the finish date and expecting the Start Date to also change? I was able to create the same error when I pushed the finish date earlier than the start date.
    2. Are you using a formula or cell link or anything that would impact any of the columns being discussed?
    3. Do you have any other types of predecessors on the sheet? (SS, SF, etc) - This shouldn't matter but curious
    4. Do you have multiple predecessors on those rows?

Also, confirm that your working days are set appropriately under project settings - that should remove the weekend/holiday issue.

• malden
    malden ✭✭
    1. No, not expecting the Start date to change. I'm only changing the Finish date to be in the future compared to the Start date.
    2. No formulas or cell links should be affecting the Start, Finish, or Duration columns.
    3. No SF or SS dependencies in the sheet
    4. No multiple predecessors, just one predecessor per row.