Reminders are proactively triggered only by a specific date not date and time.

hi Smartsheet team,

Smartsheet would benefit greatly from the ability to set reminders for specific times, not just dates. Additionally, allowing users to attach documents, such as Word files, to reminders would enhance their usefulness. These features would provide increased flexibility and functionality for users.

Thanks,

Ed

Answers

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The specific time could be a request you submit through the feedback form.

In order to allow users to attach documents to reminders, try instead sending an update request automation. If you just need them to view information, and not actually update, you can use the {{Curly Brackets}} in the subject line and body to relay data. You do need 1 non-attachment field in order to save a Update Request Automation, so you might have to add a "User Comment" field, or the likes.

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Thank you, Jason. I’ve created a spreadsheet outlining our Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), which require review and updates every three years. To effectively remind the responsible parties, I’d like to send reminders accompanied by the original Word document SOPs. Unfortunately, the automation tools I’ve explored only accept PDFs with fillable fields, which doesn’t match my document format.