Sharing Portal to Unlicensed Users

Kathleen1986
edited 08/20/24 in Smartsheet Basics

My company has a Smartsheet account that I am a licensed user under. I have created a portal that I would like to share with our non-licensed suppliers. The information is sensitive, so I selected the share option of "only available to users shared to this item". I added all the Supplier POCs to the shared list as viewers.

I sent out the link to the portal and no one on the shared to list can access it. Also, they are all freaking out about being asked to set up a 30-day trial and having marketing meetings forced onto them.

Why aren't they able to see the portal? some of them accepted the trial and have accounts now but still can't see the portal.

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kathleen1986

When you share any Smartsheet asset (sheet, report, dashboard) with the option of only available to users shared to this item, Smartsheet will need to determine if the user trying to access is shared to it. This is done by using the email address you've provided in your share list. The user will need to have an account with Smartsheet having the same email address you've shared the item to, to login to Smartsheet. The only reason why people with the trial can't see the portal would be due to them using probably a different email address than the one you have shared to.

You can get your company's Smartsheet SysAdmin to add your suppliers' email to your Smartsheet account as unlicensed users for them to login and view the dashboard without worrying about any trial period. Alternative to this would be to publish the dashboard for anyone and users with the URL can view the dashboard at any time without signing in.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com