Dashboards have same name. How do I tell what dashboard I am have been asked to grant access?

I have sets of dashboards for each location and 40 locations. Usually I can tell by who is asking for access, but today it was a personal email. I want to let the location know, but I have 40 versions

If I look at the link for "Share dashboard" I wondered if the sheet name might be there or a way to figure out the link directly to the sheet. I'm not going to grant access, but I want to give the location a heads up that someone is requesting access from a personal email and the name doesn't match anyone that should be asking.

Best Answer

• DavidMMM
    DavidMMM ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If you got an email notification that means you probably got a notification inside Smartsheet itself too. Inside Smartsheet, click on the bell notification icon in the top left of Smartsheet, and click the notification itself. It should display the name of the sheet, at the very top of the popout, via a link that will navigate you to the sheet in question without needing to grant access. This appears regardless of notification type (access request, update, etc)

Answers

• DavidMMM
    DavidMMM ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If you got an email notification that means you probably got a notification inside Smartsheet itself too. Inside Smartsheet, click on the bell notification icon in the top left of Smartsheet, and click the notification itself. It should display the name of the sheet, at the very top of the popout, via a link that will navigate you to the sheet in question without needing to grant access. This appears regardless of notification type (access request, update, etc)

• EEK
    EEK ✭✭✭

Perfect! Thank you