How to set up a dynamic intake form with multiple logical criteria for different questions

Abe B.
Abe B. ✭✭✭✭
edited 08/21/24 in Smartsheet Basics

The Smartsheet intake form foundation lacks so much dynamic functionality and does not meet other applications minimum standards when it comes down to setting couple or logical multiple criteria on when a question should show/hide. I tried many ways to set up a logical criteria where if a user selected option 1 for the first question, and then selected option 3 for the second question, I want only certain questions to show. But if they originally selected option 2 for the first question and same option 3 for the second question, I want to show different set of questions then. However, it won't allow me to do this as the last question logical criteria (Second question in this example) overrides the previous question logical criteria and show whatever applies for the second question and forget about those logics for the first question!!! This should be no brainer basic functionality in any intake form app!

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Abe B.

While you can set up Logic in forms based on answer to a single field, I believe what you're trying to do is look at responses to a combination of fields to come up with a logic. I am afraid that is not a current feature. You can raise a feature request through this link -

Smartsheet Product Feedback & Ideas — Smartsheet Community

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

• Abe B.
    Abe B. ✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/22/24

Intake forms need to be more dynamic to follow a series of questions, conditions and logic, I was told that other apps have this as a basic feature, like google and others to mention. I think moving to use other apps would be the team's solution after building so much on Smartsheet but having so many basic limitations and challenges on forms and other features keep it hard to maintain status quo Smartsheet maintains