Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Allow multiple task dates within the same row have different colors

I am working on a scheduling sheet and have different dates of occurrences on the same row. I would like to have the different dates highlighted in different colors. I am currently manually doing this procedure in Excel. Most of the information I have come across requires each task be on a new line and I would really like to keep everything on the same line.

Example:

Arrive Date: 1/1/22 Start Date: 1/15/22 End Date: 1/30/22 Clean Up: 2/5/22

I would like Arrive Date through Start Date to be "green", Start Date through End Date "yellow" and End Date through Clean Up Date "blue".

23 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• I would also like to have multiple date ranges within the same row through different forms.

It will be useful to use smart sheets in different projects 

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This feature would definitely "clean up" a lot of projects. It is pretty common to have a recurring event over the course of a project, and it can get messy to use a new row for every occurrence. +1 to this.

• Ramin D
    Ramin D ✭✭

I would also like this feature. It will be handy for some events that recurring.

• Melaniejmorrison
    Melaniejmorrison ✭✭✭✭

Agree we need this please! I hear this as a common ask from the stakeholders I support too.

• Hi all,
    Can you clarify if this request is resolved by the new Timeline View that has been released? If so, I'll update the Status of the idea to be "Available Now!"

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Hello Smartsheet team,

I would like to suggest a feature that would greatly enhance the functionality of Gantt charts. Specifically, I need the ability to represent multiple phases of a project on a single row, each with its own distinct color. For example:

• Phase 1: January to March (Light Blue)
    • Phase 2: March to June (Mid blue)
    • Phase 3: June to July (Navy blue)

This feature would be incredibly beneficial, especially for users managing multiple projects. I currently have a list of over 50 projects, and being able to see at a glance which phase each project is in would be a game changer for efficiency and project tracking.

I've attached an image that illustrates what this solution could look like.

Thank you for considering this idea!