Using a checkbox multiple times for automated email

Hi there, does anyone know if one can reuse a checkbox multiple times to send off an automated email? The use case is on a uniform pick up to let the Technician know to pick up their ordered uniform, I want to use the same checkbox where it may be a partial order, if checked an email goes to the tech to pick up their partial order, then when the full order comes in, I uncheck the box & check it again to let the Tech know to come in & pick up the full order.

It doesn't seem to work for me, only the first instance of the automation ever sends. I wanted to avoid having to do multiple columns where possible. Thank you in advance for looking at it :)

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @EimearC

If you have automation set up to look at the checkbox field when rows are added or changed, it will work. You should be unchecking the box and saving the sheet, before checking the box again for the workflow to work. When you don't save, Smartsheet doesn't recognize it as a change, hence no email will be sent.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

• EimearC
    EimearC ✭✭

Hi @AravindGP

Thanks for coming back to me.

Hmm, I left a long time between testing it & had closed the sheet & reopened it also.

But I appreciate you letting me know that it should work, I will try again in that case :)