Why Isn’t My Report Showing Task-Level Details for a Director in the Metadata Sheet?

Answers

• Jamie Kruse
    Jamie Kruse ✭✭
    edited 08/23/24

I am having this issue, I need a report that shows ALL tasks in every project that a Director is assigned to in Metadata sheet. It won't show the task level. What am I doing wrong?

• Matt Lynn-PCG
    Matt Lynn-PCG ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Jamie Kruse Here's the response i put on the original question. The same would apply to you, except your column would be "Director" and the index(match()) would be for your name not the PM.

The way I do this is put a hidden helper contact column on the project plan. Then I create in that column a column formula that is an =index(match()) to the metadata/metric sheet. Make that formula bring in your name from the meta data. That helper column would be called "Project Manager", hide that column. Then on the dynamic report you bring in all tasks either filtered and or grouped by project manager.

I do this all the time… almost every SCC build. You can do most of this from global updates but not the cross sheet references. Those have to be manual.

Certified Platinum Partner

2023 Partner of the Year

PrimeConsulting.com

• Jamie Kruse
    Jamie Kruse ✭✭
    edited 08/27/24

Thanks Matt! I did that originally, but the problem is replicating a contact column with each new row. It converts to text, which won't work for current user. BUT, what I ended up doing is similar. I added the Director field pulled from Metadata to sheet summary. Then created a Director column with this formula and converted to a Column formula:

=IF(Summary@row <> 1, Director#, "")

Worked like a charm!! Thanks again :)