WBS - Can't pull start/end dates from another sheet

I have a Sheet (Pending Trials) that contains actual start and end dates of a task in a project. I am trying to pull those dates into another Sheet that is a Work Breakdown Structure so that I can see the dates of the task in a Gantt chart. The problem that I am having is that the WBS sheet doesn't allow me to pull the dates from another sheet, the dates are dependent on the predecessors and duration that I have defined. I have tried creating a column on the WBS sheet to pull in all the dates from the Pending Trial Sheet, but can't figure out how to make those the Start and End dates on my WBS/Gantt chart.

Answers

• Deena Duran
    Deena Duran Overachievers

Hello Dee, instead of pulling start dates and end dates, maybe try pulling start dates and duration? I would imagine that it will still be tricky for the line, “Reciept of All Forms to Initiate Feasibility” because it is a parent row.

Since you may have multiple date columns, you may need to specify what is what when you’re in gantt view. To do this, switch to gantt view and go to the settings icon in the upper right corner. Here, you should be able to specify which column is your start date and which is your end date.

Deena Duran, MA (She/Her)

🌟 Smartsheet Overachiever, Mobilizer, and Early Adopter 🌟

🎓️ Core App, Project Management, and System Administrator Certified 🏅

Senior Business Analyst

University of New Mexico Health Sciences