Need a formula to count the number of individuals who have (any number of) contracts in the sheet

Hi SS Experts! I have a sheet with rows and rows of contracts and need to count how many individuals have contracts in "active" status. One person might have four active contracts, but I only want to count that person once. Could you please help?

Tags:

Answers

• Cory Page
    Cory Page ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have a separate summary sheet that contains a list of your individuals, curious how you want the end results to show?

• Stephanie W.
    Stephanie W. ✭✭
    edited 08/27/24

Hi Cory, I have the main sheet where I keep all the data, then I have a "metrics" sheet where I have some metrics which feed the dashboard. Those are basic sums though. I don't need anything fancy…just an accurate count of the unique individuals whose contracts are in that active status.

• Cory Page
    Cory Page ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, so on your Metrix sheet do you have a list of all the individuals that would be in your raw data? If you do then we could use that to dive into your data and search for active status counts which is the easiest way for sure.

Have you tried using reports, they have count and group by if you want a quick very simple overview? Just mentioning in case you only needed this for a simple review of the data.

• Ah, ok, no, we don't have the individuals in a sheet like that. I haven't used Reports for this yet. That sounds like it might be a better approach. What would you recommend?