Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Enhancement Request for Dynamic View Date Editing

Marc Shecter
Marc Shecter ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello Product Team:

Enhancement Request for Dynamic View Date Editing

Situation:
I am currently managing a project and would like to use Dynamic View (DV) to display and adjust a subset of work items during meetings. The flexibility of DV is crucial for adding new rows of data on-the-fly, which is essential for real-time updates, and not available with reports.

Problem:
However, I've encountered a limitation with DV: It doesn't allow for the editing of start and end dates directly within the view, unlike the reports generated from the same data. This restriction complicates the process of making timely adjustments during meetings.

Proposed Solution:
I propose enabling the editing of start and end dates directly within the Dynamic View. This enhancement would align DV's functionality more closely with that of reports, thereby improving its utility and flexibility.

Justification:
Enhance the efficiency of project updates during meetings, reducing the need to switch between different views or tools.

1. Decrease the likelihood of errors and inconsistencies by minimizing manual data transfers.
  2. Improve user satisfaction by streamlining the management process and enabling a more dynamic interaction with project data.
  3. Improve user satisfaction by streamlining the management process and enabling a more dynamic interaction with project data.

Impact: 
Implementing this change would significantly improve workflow efficiency and data accuracy, directly contributing to the project's overall success and adherence to timelines.

Thank you,

Marc

2 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated