Issues with SmartSheet Certification?

Zachary Ziegler
Zachary Ziegler ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 09/11/24 in Show & Tell

Hello SmartSheet Community!

I am trying to take the project management certification exam, and for some reason when I get to the point of Talview trying to analyze the picture my camera produces it gives me a never-ending loading circle, effectively barring me from taking the test. Has anyone else had this issue? I've censored my face in the example post, but this is the screen I get stuck at for reference:

I have tried opening the exam in an incognito window to make sure it wasn't any extensions or cookies that were interfering with Talview, but it didn't help at all. I'm not sure why I can't take the test but I am kind of stressing out about it. Any helpful advice or workarounds would be appreciated if there is any.

This also didn't really fit into any of the existing categories, but I guess Webinars is the closest as I have gone through them in preparation.

Answers

• Kerry St. Thomas
    Kerry St. Thomas ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/01/24

When I did a certification, I recall having a problem loading too. I have an automatic VPN on the machine I was using, and I used a browser that had add-ins installed and running. I also had pop-up blocking active The second time I tried to load, I disabled the VPN and turned off all the add-ins and the pop-up blocking. It worked the second time around - I don't know what the issue was, but at least that's how I solved it.

Good luck!

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer. I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" reactions are much appreciated. Thanks!

• Hi there, I am having the same issue and I have tried several times to enter the exam since yesterday, but the process always stuck at "Analyzing your picture". I disabled all extensions, VPNs, and tried different webcams/ computers… nothing has worked. The live chat box did not help neither. Any idea?

• Jessica Jones
    Jessica Jones ✭✭
    edited 09/11/24

Hello, I also encountered this exact issue last week. I hit the "Need Help?" button and was connected to Talview technical support, who then called me and we spent an hour trying to troubleshoot. I tried 3 different browsers on two different machines but got the same problem. Curiously I did the Project Management certification on my work machine about a month ago and had no problems.

The Talview contact told me they would need to investigate and would be in touch but I haven't heard back. Even better, my exam registration has now expired and I'm being asked to pay a second $149 to re-register. I'm hopeful I can get an extension given the circumstances, but I'm unsure who to contact about it - any ideas?

• Just an update that thanks to this post I had my memory jogged on the name of the proctoring software and have raised a ticket with Talview - the number is 761782 if anyone else decides to raise a ticket and wants to reference it.

https://talview.freshdesk.com/support/home

• Isis Taylor
    Isis Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be taking the Core exam soon, fingers crossed that I will not encounter any technology issues or organizational restrictions.

Isis Taylor

Business Analyst Senior