Adding Cell Links to Existing Profile Data

For a period of time, 2 profile data fields were incorrectly set to One Time Write, rather than Cell Link. I need to correct this and add the Cell Link behavior for these 2 fields from the intake sheet to metadata sheets.

I have tried the Add Profile Data trick to apply a pseudo Update Reporting Global Update, however that did not work. I've tried targeting both fields with the "Link project profile data from intake sheet to project sheet" option checked, however Control Center sees these fields as already existing and does not take any action to change the behavior to Cell Links.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Jay

Answers

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't had that specific scenario, but I know the "Update Reporting" button will refresh links between intake/profile data/summary sheets if anything breaks. I'd give this a try if you haven't already. Click on the edit/pencil icon while you're in the CC project list to get here.

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Jay Whittemore
    edited 09/04/24

Thanks @Jason Tarpinian. I've tried this and for whatever reason cell links are not being created (SCC config is correct). The 'trick' with the Add Profile Data global update is suppose to apply this Update Reporting function across the board.

Another note - the Edit Project Information page shows the field behavior as a cell link, however the values in this view do not match the source, and the cell links remain missing.

Edit / update: Updating the profile data through the Edit Project Information page is seeming to do the trick. This of course only works to resolve the issue one project at a time.