Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Copying Workflows between Sheets

124»

Comments

• jacob.alabi
    jacob.alabi ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have to create a couple of automation and I was wondering if it is possible to be able to copy the same automation across sheets. The automation should of course be disabled when it gets to the new sheet.

I have about 20 sheets that I need to create 6 different sets of automation for and each automation has at least 4 condition filters.

2 of the automation has 8 different conditions, 6 conditions filters and 3 actions. That is a lot of work to be done to complete across 20 sheets.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible now, but it's an excellent idea!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

- If you haven't created the other sheets, you could create one with all workflows and duplicate that as many times as required.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my comment(s) help/answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community and me by marking it - Insightful 💡- Vote Up ⬆️ - Aweseome ❤️ - or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! I appreciate it, thanks!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• jacob.alabi
    jacob.alabi ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the comment. Unfortunately, I already have data in the sheets. The data itself is not the issue as I can move them into a new sheet but it would break a lot of other things.

I was going to do the work around but the are a couple of automation and formulas that reference the sheets, some I have even forgotten about so that is not possible.

The time it would take me to resolve those issue could as well be spent on just creating new workflow

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

Yes, then, unfortunately, it's a manual process for each. I'd recommend opening the sheets side by side and going through each step in each of them after each other. It's more efficient in most cases.

Remember! Did my comment(s) help/answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community and me by marking it - Insightful 💡- Vote Up ⬆️ - Aweseome ❤️ - or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! I appreciate it, thanks!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Avinash Chandra
    Avinash Chandra ✭✭✭✭✭

We created automation for one schedule and want to copy the same in over 200 schedules. I cannot recreate the schedules and start all over again, but its good to have automation copied with a click of a button to other sheets as required.

• I'd love to be able to copy a workflow and apply it to a different sheet, or copy it and make slight adjustments to it without having to rebuild from scratch. When I have to rebuild, I have to take screenshots of the original workflow because I can't always rebuild it from memory.

• A.J.
    A.J. ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/05/24

This is a great suggestion.

• Desperately needed. I cannot begin to count the hours I have spent manually duplicating workflows between sheets. If there are existing sheets with workflows, I cannot use the "save as new" feature… the sheets are already populated. As there is no such thing as shared workflows, if sheets use similar (if not identical) workflows, you have to update them all manually every time you make a change. This is PAINFUL.