Automation emails sending all rows

Umesh Shah
Umesh Shah ✭✭✭✭
edited 09/05/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I have sheet setup to capture our teams' weekly project updates, once per week I want it to email a report of the updates of active projects only (hence the report to filter on active projects). I setup the automation on the sheet and scheduled it to send once per week as a message only email.

In the email subject, I have {{ }} field names to populate the week # of the report.
In the email body I include the published link to the report which has groupings by project lead.

The end goal is for the recipients to get an email once per week with the week # in the subject and a link to the published report.

What people are getting instead is an email with the body repeating itself for every row, i.e. the last report contained 30+ rows, instead of the body being one paragraph with a link to the report, it repeated 30+ times in the email body and pasted the report link 30+ times.

I selected, body message only, why is it repeating?

I can't send the weekly email from the report because I can't configure a {{ }} variable in the subject or body (as far as i know).

I want to send a weekly email which includes the week # in the subject and the link to report in the body. One body message, not one per row in the sheet.

How can i accomplish what I need?

Answers