How to report a bug?

Jgorsich
Jgorsich ✭✭✭✭
edited 09/05/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Anyone know how to report a bug to the Smartsheet developers?

Going through the following steps SHOULD result in "True" and instead results in "False":

1. create a new grid
  2. in [Column2]1 enter the value 30
  3. in [Column2]2 enter the value 29.8
  4. in [Column2]3 enter the formula =[Column2]1 - [Column2]2
  5. in [Column2]4 enter the formula =IF([Column2]3 = 0.2, "True", "False")

Fundamentally, Smartsheet is failing to treat this value as 0.2, making assessment of (in this case) accuracy particularly difficult.

if you add the following two steps, it is clear that Smartsheet considers this value to be less than 0.2

6. in [Column2]5 enter the formula =IF([Column2]3 >= 0.2, "True", "False")

7. in [Column2]6 enter the formula =IF([Column2]3 <= 0.2, "True", "False")

Most perplexingly, I've had WHICH formula (step 6 or step 7) will be seen as True switch when I've replicated this issue using different values for steps 2 and 3. Using 30 and 29.8 results in number 7 being "True" while using 41 and 40.8 results in number 6 being "True" (it appears to invert at 32.416 with pairs above that resulting in step 6 showing as True and pairs below that resulting in step 7 showing as True).

Best Answer

• Corey W.
    Corey W. ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I think it can be submitted here, although I have never needed to.

https://supportportal.smartsheet.com/s/

Interestingly enough the function in step 5 works for me if the 0.2 is in quotes as a string. Even if I increase the decimal places for the value in step 4, to 0.200.

Answers

• Corey W.
    Corey W. ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I think it can be submitted here, although I have never needed to.

https://supportportal.smartsheet.com/s/

Interestingly enough the function in step 5 works for me if the 0.2 is in quotes as a string. Even if I increase the decimal places for the value in step 4, to 0.200.

• Jgorsich
    Jgorsich ✭✭✭✭

That makes it even odder - that means two different aspects are being interpreted oddly that shouldn't be… The change in response on the values in steps 2&3 I could half explain as some weird interaction between decimal values in the interface and hex values in the actual calculations, but why forcing the evaluation term into a string format would affect that conclusion is truly odd. Thanks for the link!