I would like to see in timeline view all the members of my project

Hello!

I've started to use this fantastic tool! I've tried many times to add new members to my project.

I would like to see all my colleagues with specific task using "timeline view", but I found only some of them and not all the members.

What could I do to check the activity for all my members in timeline view? I've checked and all the members that I have added they have the same settings.

Could someone help me? Thank you so much.

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni

Yeah there's an annoying thing with Timeline and Board/Card views and contacts. When you first group by a Contact column in those views, they will read all the existing contacts and create groups for them. It actually does this by adding the existing contacts to the Column Properties as pre-selected options for dropdown.

That's a one-time event though. From that point forward, if new contacts get added to the column, the dropdown selections do NOT automatically update. And because the dropdown options don't update, neither do the groupings in Timeline View.

The solution, unfortunately, is that you have to periodically add people to that list of dropdown options in the column properties. You can do that manually, or Data Shuttle or Bridge can do it automatically for you, if you have those addons.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN