[RECAP] SAP x Tim Hoppin: Evolving Creative Culture

Rebeca S.
Rebeca S. Employee
edited 09/17/24 in Brandfolder

Creativity without impact is wasted.

Tim Hoppin, SAP’s Chief Brand and Creative Officer, has learned a lot about creativity through his very successful career. On this episode of the Brand Collective Podcast, he shares his thoughts on the right time for a rebrand, his relationship with award winning work, the importance of being a strategist first, and more.

You won’t want to miss any of his insights, but here’s a peek into some of the key takeaways:

• A chat about the vulnerability of being creative. 
  • Brand strategy and why branding is more than just the messaging and the visuals.
  • How creating a safe space for criticism elevates creative culture.

🎧 What is an uncommon work experience that taught you a lot?

Tim started his career as an entrepreneur with a bungee jumping business — “you can’t make mistakes in that kind of business,” he said. Have you ever had an experience that seems unrelated to the work you do today, but that taught you surprisingly helpful lessons? Tell us all about it in the comments below.

Want to check out more Podcast Recaps? Find them all here. ✨

Happy listening!

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Comments

• Isis Taylor
    Isis Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to be a bank teller, and in that role, I learned to say no and to not allow people to rush me. Often if a customer was trying to rush a teller through a transaction or intimidate them, it was a red flag. I learned to take my time and not allow anyone to put me into a mode where I was reacting instead of thinking. That is how mistakes are made. Presently, in an environment where everything is urgent and due yesterday, I make a conscious effort to slow down and think through what I am doing.

Isis Taylor

Business Analyst Senior