Data Shuttle - not recognizing updates from some Excel columns that are Lists

Hello!

My data shuttle upload flow is giving old values from columns that are formatted as lists (dropdowns) in Excel. Is there a workaround to this?

My main concerns are 1.) correct data 2.) being able to have the name in Excel be a Contact in Smartsheet (with email address). I'm using the Merge data option. I'm thinking if I do the Replace option, that will make my name column not retain the contact emails?

Answers

• Kerry St. Thomas
    Kerry St. Thomas ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Consider adding something unique to your dataset like an employee ID number or something along those lines, as the key column for your merge. This will accommodate for common names like "John Smith" that can be duplicated with different data. In terms of making names from Excel into a Smartsheet Contact, I use a lookup sheet that includes that employee ID and the Contact - and then look up that Contact column.

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer. I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" reactions are much appreciated. Thanks!

• LaurenLong
    LaurenLong ✭✭✭✭

Thank you! I am using store # as a unique identifier- it's just odd that the dropdowns in Excel come over to Smartsheet as old data. It has to be something to do with a dropdown in Excel (list). Other columns are correct- just the columns that are dropdowns in Excel are wrong in Smartsheet.