How does the form submitter receive a confirmation email without getting copy of the submission.

Hi there,

I am hoping to find a way for our staff who submit information through form to receive an email confirmation without having to get a copy of the information they fill in the form. At the moment the only email option is to have them get a copy of their response to the form, but I don't want them to have a copy of their response. I am hoping the SmartSheet experts can help me with this matter.

Thank you very much in advance!

Tags:

Best Answer

• Monique Odom-Stearn
    Monique Odom-Stearn ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @danvall,

If you just want them to receive a confirmation on screen that they've submitted, you can go into the form settings to customize the confirmation message they see on screen.

If you'd like the submitter to receive a confirmation email with a message and their responses, you can set up a workflow automation, triggered when a new row is created, to send a notification to the submitter. You can then customize the message they receive and choose which fields they'll see in the email.

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom-Stearn

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle

Answers

• Monique Odom-Stearn
    Monique Odom-Stearn ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @danvall,

If you just want them to receive a confirmation on screen that they've submitted, you can go into the form settings to customize the confirmation message they see on screen.

If you'd like the submitter to receive a confirmation email with a message and their responses, you can set up a workflow automation, triggered when a new row is created, to send a notification to the submitter. You can then customize the message they receive and choose which fields they'll see in the email.

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom-Stearn

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle

• @Monique Odom-Stearn Thank you very much for your input. I am wondering for the workflow automation, do the staff need to have access to the intake sheet or registered to use a free account in Smartsheet without having access to the intake sheet when they submit the form?

• @Monique Odom-Stearn I went in the automation try to find the option to send a notification to the submitter. Please see a screenshot below as a reference. Would you please let me know where to find the option to notify the submitter if they are not ones of the people who have access to the sheet.