Get Started

Workspace Panel opening automatically should be optional

Comments

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 10/03/24

Hi all,

The Status of this Idea has been updated:

The Workspace Panel opening each time a sheet is accessed was a feature enabled only for members of the Early Adopter's Program (EAP). This is going to be rolled back soon for this group, thank you for your feedback. For any additional comments, please post in the private EAP Group.

Here's a link to the private group where you can share your feedback: EAP Group

NOTE: Edited to clarify that this is an organization-wide update, which is why some members who are not directly enrolled in EAP are seeing this (if another member of their organization is enrolled).

Cheers,
    Genevieve

Need more help? 👀 | Help and Learning Center

こんにちは (Konnichiwa), Hallo, Hola, Bonjour, Olá, Ciao! 👋 | Global Discussions

• ABG
    ABG ✭✭✭

Agree!! Please make it optional!

• Agree. Incredibly annoying. Get rid of it or make it optional.

• Seems worse that ever before. Please turn this off or allow it as an option. Our users are being exposed the the directories, which encourages them to poke around. Plus it take valuable screen space.

• Just adding my voice to the chorus. Please give us an option to disable this annoying overlay.

• Hi all,
    I'm repeating the message above in case it was missed:

The Workspace Panel opening each time a sheet is accessed was a feature enabled only for members of the Early Adopter's Program (EAP). This is going to be rolled back soon for this group, thank you for your feedback. For any additional comments, please post in the private EAP Group.

Please post any more feedback in the private EAP Group so it can be surfaced to the relevant team.

Thank you!
    Genevieve

• trenner
    trenner ✭✭

I hate to pile on with the same feedback, but in case more of the same will help getting this "feature" removed, I'm casting another vote to make display of the panel optional. I really don't understand why forcing users to close this would have been implemented in the first place.

• Ashley F
    Ashley F ✭✭✭

@Genevieve P. I believe this was rolled out to everyone, not just those signed up for the EAP. I don't seem to be signed up for the early adopter program, yet everyone at my company is dealing with this.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 10/03/24

Hi @Ashley F

Certain features in EAP are released org-wide. This means that if someone else in your organization is in the EAP program and has opted in to test new features, then if that feature is an organization-wide update, anyone on your plan may see and have access to this! 🙂

For new members finding this thread - please know that the Early Adopter's team is aware of your feedback already and is actively working on improving the experience. The Community team and others moderating the forum will have no new information for you, other than this will be updated soon.

Please join the private EAP group where you can receive notifications on new feature releases and provide feedback there.

Thank you!
    Genevieve

• Please roll it back sooner rather than later. It is so frustrating having to constantly close it and it takes up valuable real estate on the screen. Add it under the setting that it could be toggled on or off as users want.

• ABG
    ABG ✭✭✭

Agree!! Please make it optional!

• ABG
    ABG ✭✭✭

Also, is there a specific way we need to "vote" for this?