Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Workspace Panel opening automatically should be optional

Please add a setting where you can enable/disable the Workspace Panel automatically opening on the left panel when you open a new asset. Having it open by default and squeezing the viewable space on the sheet has been reported as a major efficiency detractor by no less than a dozen employees already.

Tags:
16 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers

Completely agree with this feedback. I would even take a hover option where it only appeared if I clicked on the icon and then when the mouse focus leaves the panel it would close. This often takes up screen space and I am constantly closing it.

The panel itself is very helpful, I just wish it didn't constantly take up screen space or spend half the day closing it.

• Tim Shaded
    Tim Shaded ✭✭✭✭

I very strongly agree! Another way this would be a benefit rather than a distraction/nuisance would be to have it closed by default and provide a quick and easy way to open as needed. It has a large impact, considering that if one opens 50+ smartsheet pages in a workday, this would be useful on a rare occasion (maybe a couple of times per day).

• MCorbin
    MCorbin Overachievers Alumni

Oh yes please!! I'm always moving fast as it is and that need to close the panel with every single sheet I open is beyond annoying

• Darla Brown
    Darla Brown Overachievers

AGREED! I love the panel but only need it open when I need to click on something else in the space. Even if it has to open originally, it should autoclose after a few seconds.

Darla Brown

What you meditate on, you empower!

Overachiever - Core Product Certified - Mobilizer - EAP