How can we link a reply in Slack back to SmartSheet without clicking a link back to SmartSheet?

We already linked the SmartSheet with Slack where we received a notification of a comment in Slack, but we noticed that it is only when we use @ as mentioning from SmartSheet comment. Is this true?

We also cannot receive a reply back in Slack captured in SmartSheet, unless we click the link in Slack to open SmartSheet to add the comment. However, we are wondering can we reply in Slack and it will update in SmartSheet without opening SmartSheet to reply?

Best Answer

• Isaac A.
    Isaac A. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @danvall!

With the Smartsheet app in Slack, you can receive notifications, reminders, and even review or submit update requests directly from Slack. You can also approve requests and get notifications in both public and private channels. Clicking the row or sheet links in those notifications takes you back into Smartsheet to make any necessary edits.

For comments, using @ mentions is currently the way Smartsheet recognizes them. Unfortunately, you can’t reply directly in Slack to add comments in Smartsheet at this time. But that’s a great suggestion! If you’d like, you can submit a product idea here: Product Feedback & Ideas — this way, other users can vote on it, and we might see it implemented in the future.

I also found another discussion related to Slack integration that could be helpful: Slack Integration. And if you need more guidance, here are some helpful articles:

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Isaac.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024🎉

October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Isaac A.
    Isaac A. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @danvall!

With the Smartsheet app in Slack, you can receive notifications, reminders, and even review or submit update requests directly from Slack. You can also approve requests and get notifications in both public and private channels. Clicking the row or sheet links in those notifications takes you back into Smartsheet to make any necessary edits.

For comments, using @ mentions is currently the way Smartsheet recognizes them. Unfortunately, you can’t reply directly in Slack to add comments in Smartsheet at this time. But that’s a great suggestion! If you’d like, you can submit a product idea here: Product Feedback & Ideas — this way, other users can vote on it, and we might see it implemented in the future.

I also found another discussion related to Slack integration that could be helpful: Slack Integration. And if you need more guidance, here are some helpful articles:

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Isaac.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024🎉

October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now