October Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

12346»

Comments

• I am not scared of new things because I am always ready to be challenged and transformed by change. While not always easy or comfortable, I would take a dynamic life of change and adventures big and small - over monotony.

• I'm not scared of tomorrow because I live for today.

• Lauren Dominique
    Lauren Dominique Overachievers

What a great re-framing activity this is… :)

I am not scared of asking for help because it is an opportunity to learn something new from someone else!

If this comment helped you, please help me and help others by using the buttons below if you found it 💡 Insightful or ❤️ Awesome!

• MarceHolzhauzen
    MarceHolzhauzen ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm…. to those of you that are in the Afrikaans community, the first thing I think of when reading this sentence is the "Ek's 'n dapper muis" song.

To our English folks, there's a song about being a brave mouse and the lyrics go:
    (Mouse)
    I am a brave mouse, there is nothing that scares me
    I am scared of no-one, and nothing can catch me
    Yes, there is nothing that scares me.

(Que second voice)
    What about a cat?

(Mouse)
    Besides a cat, there is nothing that scares me

Restarts from " I am a brave mouse…."
    But this time, the second voice adds another thing that the mouse should be scared of.

Then the mouse replies with "Besides a cat and this new thing, there is nothing that scares me." The song repeats and every time a new "fear" is added to the list.

The principle of the song is that the mouse keeps saying that he is brave and nothing scares him, but there are all these things that actually do scare him. What we're learning here is to keep being brave, even if there are things that scare us.

So… long story short

I am not scared of trying new things because failing is not so bad

Marcé Holzhauzen
    Solution and Delivery Consultant with Award Winning Partner
    www.prodactive.co.uk

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting it and reacting w/💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome.