Automation from dropdown list

Hi all,

I’m building workflow automation for tour requests. When a requestor selects items from a dropdown list, the responsible people should be notified.

Attached is a picture of my automation. Only the first item (Metal) triggers notifications, but not the second or third (Tissue & Anatomical). Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Tags:

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Melody Yang

The reason for just one of the workflows triggering is due to the way conditions work in Automation. When the first condition is met (within the same column, since all columns in your condition paths are same), the workflow continues to follow the subsequent action and not look at other conditions. This is very much like nested IF statements. Since your objective is to alert different departments, I would suggest adding helper columns with IF formulas to identify the groups to be alerted for a particular row and use these as your conditions. So, you will have a helper column to notify Metal CoE when the Metal CoE helper column has a value and notify Tissue & Biotechnology CoE when the Tissue & Biotechnology CoE helper column has a value and so on.

You can create these helper columns as checkbox columns with the formula =IF(CONTAINS("Metal CoE", [Which CoE do you want to learn from?]@row), 1, 0). You can replace "Metal CoE" with other possible values in the respective helper columns and use the different helper columns as condition paths in the workflow.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com