Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

formula to distinguish decimal versus percentage (i.e. 1 versus 100%)

Options
AndyP
AndyP
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have a report that combines many sheets.  Sometimes the values entered as 1 rather than 100% (or .75 rather than 75%).  The report is an input into Tempus (Smartsheet partner) and it makes a difference to their application.

Is there a way to determine that a value is NOT a percentage?  Or require entry of a percentage, or some similar way to prevent non percentages in a column?

Thank you

Comments

• Mehmet Zengin
    Options

Hi,

If they are expected to select milestone percentages only like %25,50,75 and 100 then I would suggest changing the column type to dropdown and use "restrict to dropdowns values only" feature.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is one of the challenges of smartsheets. Smartsheet columns that are formatted with %'s are actually decimal numbers. Mehmet's solution above will guarantee you get actual percentage text, rather than formatted decimal points. 

This discussion has been closed.