Cross Sheet Index, Match, and IF

Hi,

Thank you for coming to my help, I really hop this question makes sense.

Basically, what I want to do is take the closest date of incomplete tasks and put it into another sheet where I can run automation asking someone to update a report.

The reason I want to do it this way is because on the report you could be mentioned any number of times and instead of getting numerous emails at the same time I only want them to get one when the first date is reached for their action passing.

So onto the problem. This is the sheet I have created that I hope will collect all of the actions of people across 18 different sheets that feed into the report. I can bring across peoples dates but it is bringing dates across of actions that have already been completed.

So, the other 18 sheets look like the one below. The bottom 2 dates are for the same person. But one is complete and the other isn't. I only want the incomplete one brought through.

I am using the following formula -

=INDEX({CCA 1 Council & Committees Range 1}, MATCH(Contact@row, {CCA 1 Council & Committees Range 2}, 0))

I have tried it with a 1 and a -1 but that won't always work if that person has a lot of actions.

I tried an IF statement =IF({CCA 1 Council & Committees Range 3}, 0, INDEX({CCA 1 Council & Committees Range 1}, MATCH(Contact@row, {CCA 1 Council & Committees Range 2}, 0)))

This was if complete box is not checked then bring through the number but it gave me an error.

I hope this makes sense to you all.

If you have any of your own questions please ask.

And thank you for any help you can provide.

Best Answer

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!