Why did the format change on automated alert notifications?

Nomland
Nomland ✭✭
edited 8:43PM in Smartsheet Basics

Wondering if you could help me regarding the automation alerts based on changes to a sheet.  They changed.  The format was “normal” and worked yesterday.  Today the alert is asking recipients to “Open in Smartsheet”.  Can we change this back?  My inbox is filling up with people clicking it and requesting access they shouldn't have to the sheet, not to mention it takes up a lot of real estate in the email.

Is there an option to go back to the original format of these automated alert notifications?

left sample is the new format, right sample is the old format i want to switch back to.

Answers

• Jason P
    Jason P ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Nomland

By chance, did the recipient have a filer applied on the sheet the notification came from? Found this from some time ago.

Cheers.

• Nomland
    Nomland ✭✭

No, this has nothing to do with comments on a row with @ someone message - these are automated alert e-mails when specified criteria (cell values) are met with or without conditions. Most the recipients do NOT even have access to the sheet - it's just process notification that their request is moving through the system and each alert provides different information along the process. Yesterday the alerts were very uniform listing a custom header message, the sheet name was a blue hyperlink at the top of the message, and list of column field data related to the Job request was listed below. As of today the format of these automated alerts changed to include large light blue box surrounding repeat of the Subject line, and darker blue "button" stating Open in Smartsheet (looking very similar to Update requests) where that darker blue button on request is the submit link where form pops up and allows you to edit the sheet. These alerts a notifications only - i don't want or need anyone to update anything - but as of today everyone getting them is clicking the blue button and asking for permission to the sheet that i will never grant to them, but i feel the the need to respond to each of them explaining why. I just want to know if there is a feature that allows me to go back to the way these alert notifications looked when they landed in inboxes prior to today.