Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

can we create a form publishing a table ?

fabio.bertellotti
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

can we add a table ( instead of single questions ) to a input form ?

we need external users to post a list of items with some attributes , cost etc .. list has variable size 

I cannot handle this with single input fields 

Tags:

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Fabio

The best way to do this is to use Google Forms and apply the conditional logic available through Google to then populate your Smartsheets to get the work done. 

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/863861-smartsheet-integration-with-google

Good luck, happy to help if you get stuck? 

RichardR 

• Hi Fabio,

I had a customer that recently wanted something similar if I am interpreting your question correctly.

We had scenarios where the typical drop down in one cell would work just fine and used the radio button option in the web form.

However, we also had a need for the user completing the web form to select more than one item that does not currently exist as an option out of the box for Smartsheet.  Our work around was to add a column per item to be selected in the underlying sheet, but organize it in such a way that to the user completing the web form - it looks like the ability to select more than one item.  We pulled this same data into an executive dashboard as well and it looks nice.

Screen shots attached of my example.

the additional setup in the web form for the columns to select more than one.png

Web form look with columns to select more than one.png

Standard drop down radio button option in web form.png

• This is a woefully needed tool that needs to be developed to make this a more functional tool. It makes me frustrated that I'm going to have to link a spreadsheet to this document so that I can collect simple multi-variable information, which I will then turn around and data enter. 

This discussion has been closed.