Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Edit Line Show larger Text Area boxes

Options

I have a sheet where users write paragraphs of text on 2 columns.  A simple way to edit the cells on the line in SmartSheet is to click edit row.  However the columns with the paragraphs of text only show about 2 lines in a scroll region.  It is difficult to see all the text and add or edit it whith such a small viewing area.

Is there a way to make those areas larger when doing an edit row?

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Hi Ramon, there isn’t a way to increase the size of these text box when in the Edit Row view. I will submit this request to our product team for consideration in future development. If you have a field with a large amount of text, you might consider editing from the row itself, rather than the Edit Row menu. 

• Tammy Adam
    Options

Have you also tried to toggle word wrap on/off?  I use a text column for my Project Managers to provide a status summary, next to a column with status color.  When i want to focus on seeing the status colors, I turn off word wrap.  When I want to focus on the status summaries, I turn on word wrap for that column.  Each row will have a different height while that's toggled on, but I'm ok with that.  

This discussion has been closed.