Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Remove Cell Linkage

Options
Brenda K
Brenda K
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I had previously created a sheet that inputted data via cell linking.  However, the use of that sheet is no longer needed so I deleted it.   The problem is that the sheet that was 'pushing' the data still shows the outgoing cell link.  How can I remove the cell linking?   

Comments

• Taylor F
    Taylor F Employee Admin
    edited 07/20/15
    Options

If the source sheet has been completely deleted, you will have to delete each Cell Link on the destination sheet by clicking on the cell and click delete in the hovering window. If your sheet can be retrieved from the Deleted Items folder under the Home tab, you can select all of the linked cells and click delete on the keyboard.

• Ian
    Options

What is the proper way to delete linking of a range of cells?  I want to make sure that when I remove the link on either the source or destination that it removes the linking information on both sheets.  It seems like each time I remove it on one sheet I then have to manually remove from each cell separately on the other sheet.

Thanks

Ian

• Taylor F
    Taylor F Employee Admin
    edited 08/13/15
    Options

Hello Ian,

The best way to remove links is to open the destination sheet, select all of the cell that contain Cell Linking, right-click any of the selected cells and choose Remove Link. This will break the connection between the two sheets and you won't have to return to the source sheet to delete the Cell Linking. 

NOTE - when you remove the links from the destination sheet, the values will remain. If you haven't yet clicked off of your selection, you can clear all of the data by pressing the delete key on your keyboard.

• Battleboards
    Options

Please Help,For the life of me I cannot remove a hyper link. I added a simple telephone number and it show as a link (blue with underline) 

I want to remove this as it not a link, just a number. 

I tried all methods that would normally remove this. i.e

right click on cell (no remove) 

Ctrl C - Ctrl V (even special paste still keeps it. 

Any help would be appreciated :)

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

See my comment here:

https://community.smartsheet.com/comment/60261

There is now a way to delete the <unknown sheet> references.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.