Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Formula Inquiry

I am trying to get a formula to automatically apply a number (vehicles complete column) when a date is filled in from a linked cell in another sheet (completed column), see attached photo for reference. The cell I want to be auto filled has a sum children formula already in place. Is this possible and if so do you have an example?

Thanks

Formula Question.JPG

Tags:

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you trying to sum the children of the linked cell? IF so, that is not possible from within this sheet. Where are the children you are summing and counting coming from? If its from this current sheet, than you could try an if statement in the vehicles complete column that looks something like this. 

=IF([CompleteColumnfulltitle]Rownumber<>"", insert your sum children formula here)  

You'll need to get the column title of the linked cell and the row number and put your sum children formula after the comma. This will only return the results if the linked cell has data.

See if that works for you and let me know if it works? I'm shooting from the hip right now as I haven't tested with linked cells but it "should" work. 

This discussion has been closed.