Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Referencing formula for other sheets?

mmurphy14986
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Is it possible to build a formula that references other cells/sheets into a new sheet?

I am trying to create a sheet that would sum values from another sheet into a new one to build some stats.  Because the source sheet is generated using the SmartSheet/JIRA connector rows are automatically and constantly being added, so I can't build formulas into that sheet.  I'm looking for a way to tally from the source.  Is this a possibility?

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

There currently isn't a way to do that between sheets. I have a potential idea you could try though. 

You could try adding summary rows to the top (or bottom) depending on how Jira is adding new rows to your sheet. If new rows from JIRA appear at the top, then create some blank summary rows at the bottom of your sheet, or vice versa if that's how things are working. Those summary rows should be able to stay, and then you could do your formulas there within the sheet. if you need to get that data to another sheet, you could then cell link your formulas from the JIRA sheet into a new sheet. 

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/861579-cell-linking

This discussion has been closed.