Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Publish a Sheet with Cell Linking

Adam Picard
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hi 

I am in the trial phase with this software and am hpoing you can help me understand publising a sheet with cell linking. 

I have published a sheet that has cell linking to stakeholders who do not have login credientials for SmartSheets. When they review the sheet, they cannot click on the cells that would link them to the other sheet. 

How do I publish a sheet to stakeholders who do not have a login credientials where they can click on the links to view the other sheets? 

Comments

• Would this be the only way? http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/portal/articles/518326-creating-hyperlinks-to-sheets-reports-websites

Where I would need to embed links and give them access to view each link? 

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 07/28/15

Hello Adam, good question! If a user does not have a Smartsheet account and/or is not logged into Smartsheet, they will not have the ability to access any sheet unless it is published (this is by design - only Smartsheet users who are shared to sheets can access them). Publishing sheets will produce a unique URL that gives anyone with that URL the ability to access that sheet. 

To your question, if you create a hyperlink in a sheet and select “Link to other Smartsheet”, this will attempt to bring the user to the linked sheet, which they would need to be shared to and logged in to access. Because viewing a published sheet is anonymous and users are not logged into Smartsheet (at least in that window), published viewers will not even see the URL.  

If you want to have working hyperlinks to another sheet in a published sheet, select the Link to URL when creating the hyperlink and add the published sheet link of the sheet you want to hyperlink to.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.  Cool

This discussion has been closed.