Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Here is a Time Keeping Smartsheet

Stephanie Taylor
Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I have seen a few questions about time keeping in Smartsheets.  I created a smartsheet for this exact purpose.  We have been using this for almost a year now and it is working great.  This sheet makes it easier for everyone in the office.  The employees get a much faster response to their request, it has cut down on our paper usage and it has made it easier formanagement keep track of all the requests that have been submitted.  Plus if you put the sheet in gnant view it makes it easier for management to see if there are any overlapping leave requests.    

Travis from Smartsheets created a distribution link for anyone who is interested in using this sheet.  When any paid/licensed user clicks on the link, a copy of the sheet will be automatically added to their account.  As long as you are a paid/licensed user then you will own the sheet. 

Here is the link:

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/launch?lx=wv35Lr1BKTogNjY7mwUpbl2F3tjZfBYMXSEruozjq1E

Some Notes:

- There is a sample webform attached to the sheet that you can customize for each employee (we have links to the webform on everyone's computer desktop for easy access plus several of us have the link to the form on our smartphones) 

- The column with the email address has to be a Contact column.  Reason being is that the Reminder you set up will be based on the email column.  We use Reminders instead of Notification so the employee will only get their approvals and/or denials.  If you set up noitifications then everyone will get the approvals and denials.

- When the approval date is entered the manager needs to put tomorrows date in the approval column or else an Alert email will not be sent to the employee (the email will be sent overnight) 

- The sheet must be shared with each employee so they get the Notifications or Reminders

If you have any questions please email me and I will be glad to help.

My email address is stephanie.taylor@maryland.gov

I hope you find this helpful and thanks Travis for your help!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.